Monday, May 15, 2006

1000 miles

I rode 81 miles on Saturday. It was a tougher ride than last week. I hit several short steep hills along the way and I had to contend with some strong winds. I rode alone again since Robert is injured. I am hopeful that he can rig his bike so that he can ride out on the roads again. I tested out some new fuel on this ride. It was HammerGel Sustained Energy. It is designed for rides lasting over 2 hours and contains some protein along with the carbohydrates. I filled a water bottle with a concentrated amount of the stuff and had a total of 1170 calories worth plus some regular HammerGel. I sipped small amounts of the concentrated Sustained Energy the whole ride and washed it down with water. It tastes like pancake mix and is quite good. I will try it again this week. If all goes well, I will probably use this as my sole energy source for the Etape only stopping for water during the ride.

The diet is not going well. I still weigh 158 as of today and have not been limiting my food intake. Starting today I am going to begin to lose weight. I am back on the diet. Maybe I can make it to 150 before the Etape, maybe better.

I should have my new bike delivered today. The UPS tracking number says it's in Nashville at the destination sorting location. We'll see. Oh, I rolled over 1000 miles Saturday.

Total mileage to date: 1018
Total hours: 67:00
Current weight: 158 (goal 145)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home