Wednesday, April 05, 2006

If Ullrich Can Do It

Ok, I did not ride yesterday or today. I went to the Masters practice round yesterday and today I was too tired and lazy to get in a ride. That is too bad because tomorrow morning I am going to St Louis on the Budweiser Fun Bus and attending a Predator's/St Louis hockey game. My friend Seid won a free promotional trip and invited me along. I flew to Augusta and the Masters yesterday on a LearJet 55 courtesy of another good friend of mine, Danielle. I really must have some good friends and I appreciate these trips, but my cycling is suffering this week. I might not be back until Saturday and I can't afford to miss a long weekend ride. But then again, Jan Ullrich is putting off the start of his racing season again, true to form. And he is not worried about being ready for the Tour De France. He has knee problems again, a result of him cranking 53-13s over mountain passes in training, I suppose. He says he "may" ride the Tour of Italy. Imagine that: 3 months to the Tour and his knee hurts too bad to race and he might appear in a race in late April at the soonest, maybe not until May in the Giro? And he thinks he will be in top form in the Tour? Same old Ullrich. He waits until the last minute to get in shape, then finalizes his form in the Tour and has great form after the Tour when nobody cares unless it's an Olympic year. Ok, he did win the World Championship ITT once. What he should do is just announce his main objective is the World Championships and that he is using the Tour De France for training. He is not winning the Tour this year and he won't make the podium either. Anyway, big strides can be made in three months by me as well, and all I have to do is finish ahead of the broom wagon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home