Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Light in Motion

I got a new headlight and took it out for a ride last night after dark. I met up with some people from work and we rode through Percy Warner Park. We completed two loops of the full park ride (22 miles). That plus riding to and from the park means I rode 28.5 miles last night. This was another good ride for me. This course is very hilly and technical. We would ride at a slow pace and then push it up the hills. It was almost like doing intervals and I am sure I got a good workout. In fact, I am going to count that as my mid week "harder than usual pace" ride which I normally plan for Wednesdays. That means today I am going to take it a little easier and probably go 18 miles. Maybe I'll do the same tomorrow as well. Then, on Saturday, I'll ride between 40 and 50 miles. There is an organized ride (Friends of Warner Parks) on Saturday which is 50 miles. That's a good possibility at this point. Believe it or not, I am a little concerned about doing to much too early in my training right now. I don't have the luxury of building up over a long period of time though, so, right now I am just trying to figure out where I stand from a fitness standpoint and then stretch my training a little. I should be able to get in 1500-2000 miles by Etape time.

Total mileage to date: 149
Total hours: 10.5
Current weight: 162.4 (goal 145)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home