Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally a good ride

I got in a 40.5 mile ride today. It took me 2:43 or 14.8 mph. That was a good ride for me at this stage. I felt good the whole way and my legs didn't start to feel tired until about 2 hours into the ride. I take this to mean I am in better shape than I had thought. Don't get me wrong, I am running scared right now about gaining the fitness and losing the weight to do the Etape; however, I still have 14 weeks of training left. If I apply a little discipline, I should be prepared to finish at least. I have some experience in doing rides of nearly this distance and difficulty. I have done 20+ centuries and most involved getting into shape in the last three months. Bridge to Bridge is the closest in difficulty to this ride and I have done it 7 or 8 times.

Total mileage to date: 121
Total hours: 8.25
Current weight: 160.4 (goal 145)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home