Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Monopoly game

It's Friday night and I am thinking about the long training ride I will be doing on Saturday. I'll have a decent meal and go to bed at a reasonable hour. I'll ride 42 miles and feel good about getting in my first long ride no matter how slowly I may ultimately go.

Wrong! My Niece Sheridan and nephew Davis invited me over to their house for a game of Monopoly (the old board game). Now, they normally play with all of the high tech computer games/consoles, etc; but, Mom or Dad pulled out the Monopoly game and a couple of days ago and they got hooked. Anyway, to make a long story short, I stayed up until 3AM playing until I was beat out by my 8 year old nephew. During the game I put down some pizza thinking it won't hurt because I will need the energy tomorrow.

Tomorrow comes and there is no way I am riding in the AM, too tired. My sleep schedule was way off and I was going to pay. I woke up at 6:30am with some awful cramp in my leg and didn't get up until about 11:30. I finally got dressed and went across the street to Goldie's Deli to grab a club sandwich for lunch, then stopped by Smoothie King and loaded up on Hammer Gel. Then, I lounged around home all day and wondered if buying Hammer Gel could count towards my training for the day. In the end it did. Tomorrow's another day.

Total mileage to date: 81
Total hours: 5.5
Current weight: 160.4 (goal 145)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home