Monday, April 03, 2006

Into The Night

03/31:
I rode 20 miles in the dark yesterday. I think this new light is really going to help me keep my training on track. I don't have to worry about getting out on the road before the sun goes down. I again rode in Percy Warner Park, a hilly and technical course. It gets incredibly dark in the Park. There are no street lights or any other light source in there and when it's cloudy its just black. My light is good enough to navigate but I have to go slower on the downhills and straights in case a deer walks across the road or something. Last night I was hit by a bird. I saw it fly into my path and then it hit me in the arm and side before bouncing off.
I again felt good on the bike. I didn't ride Wednesday though. That day I was extremely fatigued all day. I decided it was best to let Tuesday's ride soak in instead. I am more careful now about "listening" to my body for training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home