Friday, June 30, 2006

I beat Ullrich and Basso!

I sort of forgot about this log for a while. Last Saturday, Robert and I did the Harpeth River Ride. It was another century but only ended up being 96.5 miles. It contained rolling hills but nothing like Cherohala although I was a little bummed that I didn't do so well on the hills anyway. It took us 6:23 with stops to finish. Again, a huge time off the bike. We were 45 minutes off the bike.

I have now ridden roughly 2051 miles in total training since March 10. I weigh about 150 which is heavier than I had hoped. I plan to ride a big ride Saturday and then maybe another big ride on July 4th. That will be it though. Robert and I leave on July 6th for France.

Am I ready? Of course not. I need to be 15 pounds lighter and I need to have some cycling talent. And, I need more training. But that's not going to happen.

I can already say that I beat Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso on this stage though. Now if someone would just propose to the ASO that they relax the 19 kph minimum speed rule given that it encourages blood doping, I would definitely finish the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home